The purpose of this document (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of how Epikurean Lifestyle Limited and its related corporations(collectively, the "Companies") manages Personal Data (as defined below) which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”). Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any products and services offered by us, you agree and consent to the Companies, as well as their respective representatives and/or agents ("Representatives") (the Companies and Representatives collectively referred to herein as "Epikurean", "us", "we" or "our") collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided tous in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which to any of the Companies may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
We may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, any ID or passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you submit any form, including but not limited to application and registration forms;
- When you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- When you interact with our staff, including customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
- When you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our websites or use services on our websites;
- When you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- When you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or CVs in connection with any appointment
- When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not, at our website, automatically collect Personal Data
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, Epikurean collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
Responding to your queries, feedback, complaints and requests;
Verifying your identity;
Sending you our monthly eNewsletters if you have subscribed to our mailing list;
Requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to design our products, understand customer behaviour, Preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
Matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
In addition, Epikurean collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes depending on the nature of our relationship:
If you are a guest at our hotel, or a guest to events organised at our hotel or by us:
- Providing customer service and support
- Creating and maintaining guest profiles in our system database;
- Corresponding with travel agents on your behalf;
- Administering debt recovery and debt management;
- Managing our lost-and-found services;
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Epikurean will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- Epikurean’s related corporations;
- Companies providing services relating to medical screening, insurance and consultancy to Epikurean;
- Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Epikurean, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre, security, employee recognition or other services to Epikurean;
- Vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Epikurean;
- Our partners in the tourism industry and other hospitality counterparts;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of the Companies;
- External food and beverages establishments;
- Airline companies and travel agents;
- External banks, credit card companies, secretarial agents and their respective service providers;
- Our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- Foreign embassies in relation to facilitating overseas travel arrangements;
- Relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
When you interact with us on our websites, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognize a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor's IP address, and a visitor's click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
Cookies are small text files stored in your computing or other electronic devices which allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website.
Epikurean will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet or use our mobile services, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you use such platforms. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorised and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.